Having surveyed happiness with our Richmond Panel we thought that the Global Leadership Forecast 2011, produced by one of our customers, DDI, may be of interest to you.
- Only 35% of HR professionals believe leadership development quality is high
- Only 1 in 3 Leaders feel they are getting value from the development they receive
- Just over 1 in 3 organizations rate leadership quality as very good or excellent
- Only 1 in 4 HR people rate their leadership as good or excellent
- Only 18% of HR experts say they have the right leadership for the next 3 - 5 years
The top 5 critical skills for effective leadership are:
- Driving & managing change
- Identifying & developing future Talent
- Fostering creativity & innovation
- Coaching & developing others
- Executing organizational strategy
Only half of leaders rate themselves as effective at the 5 most critical skills.
Gary Hamel’s new book “The Future of Management” claims:
“Right now, your company has 21st century internet-enabled business processes, mid-20th century management processes, all built atop 19th century management principles.”
Doubtless Gary is promoting his book but he and the DDI report do offer food for thought.
Report details at:
Details of The Human Resources Forum
where DDI will be attending.
For further information please contact Brielle Pope
on 212 651 8713